Monday, August 3, 2015

"Im in the Lightning Capitol of the World...Hey!"


Basically this week has been a roller coaster. Hna Gibson and I went up to transfer meeting on wednesday, and after anxiously waiting for so long I finally got called up and President at the pulpit looked at me and asked "Hermana Baugh, where do want to go?" "....Whereever the Lord needs me to." "no really, where would you like to go?" ...."Tampa cinco" "Does that mean 5? Because thats where your going with Hermana Gibson to serve as Sister training leaders in the tampa zone." ahh I can't tell you how happy we both were. WE ARE IN A SPANISH WARD PEOPLE. WARD, DID YOU HEAR THAT? And we are in Tampa!! sister training leaders are like zone leaders but you know, girls so we are in charge of training in district meetings every week and helping the sisters in the zone. It is also really weird because Elder Andrew Knowlton is one of the zone leaders so we are working with him!  ayayay I have like zero time today, so I will just give some highlights of these past two crazy days

- Beneva now has two sets of missionaries, elders and sister phillips actually got to stay! And is with an english sister but im sure they will continue to do great work:)

- There are 3 sets of missionaries in my ward. One is a new elder named elder Walton...Sister walton his sister was in my district at the CCM and is the tall one with brown hair I was always with!

- The rest of the mission went to a rays baseball game this week in tampa but hna gibson and I went to a baptism they had in cortez that night instead with the other hermanas, it was cool going back again and seeing the branch.

-It has rained almost non stop since I got here, it really is the lightning captial of the world and is living up to its name!

-hna gibson and I are opening up a new area in this ward so we started out with absolutely no investigators or anything, we prayed and asked heavenly father to help us set some goals when we got here of lessons we were going to teach, investigators we were going to find and those who would come to church--- we hit every single one of them!! We had an investigator at church on sunday named Ambar, she is from the dominican republic and absolutlely lvoed church. We had found her and two of her friends she lives with the day before.

- The ward is so great. We were able to meet with both the bishop (BISHOP)  and WARD mission leader personally and show them we are here to work and help support the missionary work of the ward. The bishop is from Ecuador and WML from Dominican Republic, all the leaders here are so young!

- the two biggest groups of hispanics we have been finding here are puerto rican and dominican republican

-I am going to write more next week but I really just feel like ammon right now, boasting of my God this week and how great He is. We started on Thursday with absolutely no one to teach but saw so many miracles these past few days and now things have already picked up! I love the ward here and love that I get to work with hna gibson again. We have both grown so much these past 6 months since I was training her, barely more than a trainee myself. We have been able to get right to work here and put everything we have learned into practice and I feel like we work with such unity its amazing.  God really does lead His work. love you
love hermana baugh

No comments:

Post a Comment