Monday, August 18, 2014

Final week in the CCM


The Temeculan's in the Mexico CCM
Annalisa Eddy, Ellen Logan, Brennan Eissenhut, Hannah Harris, Maddi Baugh


 So this week further confirmed my hypothesis about the CCM being like the hunger games. A terrible virus broke out on Sunday and people have been dropping like flies. After the first day already like 50% of the missionaries were home sick. so yeah shaking hands has been banned until further notice which is hard because shaking someones hand has pretty much become instinctual now. I feel like they need to start showing pictures of the faces of the sick in the sky at night while playing  "called to serve" to let people know who to pray for. Hermana P and I spent all Sunday making jokes about how everyone was dying which probably wasn't smart because the next day we both had it and it was horrible and I'm still not completely better.

Because a lot of our zone was sick on Sunday, there were even less victims to choose from to speak. So naturally it was my lucky day and I was chosen as tribute. I was so close to making it out alive without having to give a talk haha but there was no way I was escaping this week. The topic was on service and I thought it went pretty well. One of the scriptures I shared that I really liked was in John 12:26 and it was " if any man serve me, let him follow me, and where I am, there shall also be my servant". I said that I liked to think of this scripture backwards... if any man follow me, let him serve me, and where my servant is, there also will I be. It just kind of reminded me that when we truly forget ourselves in the service of others, that is when Christ will be most with us.

We also listened to a really amazing talk by David A Bednar this week about taking on the character of Christ. He said the Character of Christ is being able to turn outwards in service when the tendency for the natural man is to turn in.  He said that the best convert on our missions better be us, but that wont happen if that is what we are trying to do. True conversion to the Lord comes through thinking and serving others and not thinking about ourselves. It just sort of reminded me that this mission isnt about me, or what I want or what i think I deserve, its about helping others come unto Christ and how I can be an tool in the Lords hand in doing this.

Being Sister Trainer actually hasn't been that bad. We had to go with the Zone leaders to welcome the two new districts we got and wed made these cool little welcome gifts for the hermanas on these huge seeds all over campus that said "WELCOME TO MEXICO SEEDY" and yeah they were brilliant but we got there and found out that the two new districts were completely elders. So now Ive got like 15 seeds sitting in my room with no hermanas to go to so that's pretty cool. But we found out that all the hermanas in our zone love futbol so weve been playing soccer every day during gym for the past week and its the highlight of my day. I'm going to be sad when I wont be able to play soccer everyday.

Every 2 weeks new natives come in because they only stay at the CCM for 2 weeks but the other day we sat by a group of elders from Columbia at lunch and we started teaching each other tongue twisters. They loved how much wood would a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood hahah it was hilarious hearing them try to say it. But now whenever we see them around campus they chant it to us.

The weeks here are so weird because they go from wednesday to wednesday instead of sunday to sunday. Tuesday is kind of like Friday night though because we have service for an hour and then devotional. Its kind of sad that this is the highlight of my week but it really is. Service was fun this week because we got assigned to setting up the chairs for devotional and the elders decided to have a competition to see who could carry the most chairs and one elder carried 21 it was crazy.

Ah I cant believe that I only have less than an week here left. Its gone by so fast. Next tuesday Ill be in Florida! I thought Id be nervous but the closer I get the more animada I am. Have a good week everyone, by the next email Ill be in the mission field! Tenga un buen dia everyone!

Love
Hermana Baugh

No comments:

Post a Comment