Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Week Dos

Day 14 in the CCM.... foods getting pretty scarce and the missionaries are starting to turn on each other. We had to use our language books to keep the fire going to keep the drug cartels away...

Just kidding I love it here and life's good. Week two was infinitely better than week one. I'm starting to get a hang of my schedule and getting around and studying 24/7.

Here is a list of theories I have about the CCM:

I decided that the CCM is kind of like being in the hunger games. We are separated into districts (I'm in district 16), are put into a huge arena with a giant wall around it as we battle for our lives against the Spanish language. We have a spiritual force field around the CCM to keep out the bad guys and to keep us in and I am the leader of the career pack.   It rains every day at the same time so its kind of like a clock. Whats crazy is that we hear cannons going off in the city every day- our teacher said is was for airplanes or something? But we know that the real reason is because the cannon goes off every time a missionary dies.

Accomplishments of the week:
 -Memorizing Doctrine and Covenants 4 in Spanish. It was 7 long verses and really hard but I did it! Hopefully it will come in handy haha.
-Also sometimes in class we play a game where we walk around the CCM and see how many people we can talk to in Spanish and my companion and I won both times because we got extra points for talking to the natives and construction workers.
-I also ate cactus in the cafeteria this week so that was cool.
 -I killed 3 spiders in our room so we were really roughing it this week.
-Memorized "I am a Child of God" in Spanish- I actually really like singing in Spanish.  There's something magical about not knowing what you're saying.  Haha but I actually really do love it though we sound so good when we all sing together.

I also said the opening prayer in sacrament meeting in Spanish!

 For the lesson we gave to Jose last night, we had to pretend that we just met him walking in a park. We had a 20 minute lesson planned but only had 10 minutes to give it and it was really cool because that was the first time that we were able to just sit and talk to him without looking at our notes once. We were able to completely talk about the things we felt we should and were able to answer the questions he had. It was amazing. We taught him how to pray and gave him a Book of Mormon and after we finished and were walking away he said hermanas wait, this is Hermano Sainz talking now and I just want to tell you guys how proud I am of you and how much you have improved since your first lesson with Jorge. I really felt the Spirit just now when you were teaching and know that you guys are going to do some amazing things on your mission.   I'm so glad that he stopped us and said that because it was just what I needed to hear because earlier that day was when we had tried to do our only Spanish day and had failed miserably. I keep forgetting that I've only been here for 2 weeks because I keep expecting myself to know Spanish by now.   It's just hard not being able to express yourself the way you want to because your vocabulary is limited to pretty much what you've learned from preach my gospel. But I know that if I keep working hard it will come!

I love and miss you so much!

Love,
Hermana Baugh


No comments:

Post a Comment