Monday, March 16, 2015

Todo Bien

What I've learned on the mission: the week before a baptism wouldn't be the week before a baptism if you didn't at some point think that the baptism would never happen. Kind of sums up this week haha. So we have been able to see Celfia pretty much every day since I got here but of course, the week before her baptism we were pretty much never able to see her. Monday? not there. Tuesday? had to leave suddenly and missed her baptismal interview. Wednesday? Couldnt get ahold of her. Thursday? We had meetings the entire day in Tampa and couldn't see her. By friday I was pretty convinced that she had fallen off the face of florida. But lo and behold, we were finally able to contact her, teach her and have her interview on friday and everything went perfectly with that. There were a few minor setbacks day of the baptism, but I mean those were well expected by now, but in the end everything went perfectly and there were a lot of members there to support her and welcome her into the branch. She was so happy. She is such a strong woman...none of her family could come to her baptism but she was just so happy and knew she was making the right decision so it didn't even matter to her. I forgot my camera chord so I can't send any pictures today but I will next week!
- Oh man but getting her confirmed the next day was probably one of the most stressful mornings of my life! Her ride to church fell through and we were having to call a bunch of members at 9am right as church was starting trying to get her there...I felt like I was in a super intense movie or something--- you know as intense as making a bunch of phone calls and driving all over the place trying to get someone to church so they can receive the gift of the holy ghost can be. But in the end everything went well and Celfia was confirmed and is now a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day saints. Im so grateful that Ive had the opportunity to see the gospel of jesus christ at work in her life and see her faith grow and continue to these next few months.

- We had Zone conference this week and I wish I had time to tell you all the things that I learned but ahh I dont. Basically....I just know that we have a Heavenly Father who knows us his children, a Savior Jesus Christ that helps us become the children our Heavenly Father knows we can be, and the Holy Ghost who leads and guides us so we can become closer to our savior jesus christ and heavenly father. It just all works so perfectly. Love you all and hope everyone has a good week!!

Love Hermana Baugh

No comments:

Post a Comment