Tuesday, May 5, 2015

One year older and wiser too

Hey everyone! So this week was pretty stellar. Started out with Zone conference in Tampa on Tuesday. It was really fun our President put up a bunch of pictures on the screen and we went around and he would pop a picture up and we would have to practice introducing ourselves and using our social skills because apparently we are pretty awkward. Who knew. He is placing a bigger emphasis on us doing more personal contacting, especially now that he said we are allowed to knock doors now! Which is still really weird to me.. I haven't done any tracting on my mission and I haven't quite gotten myself to make the switch to it yet. I would just rather go and talk to people on the street that are already out.  But stay tune for some great stories about that to come! We also had exchanges this week with our STLs. They both came to our area so me and Hermana Phillips just did a divide and conquer and were able to teach everyone over the face of Sarasota that day so that was pretty great. We are meeting some pretty interesting people though...I talked to this old crossing guard guy yesterday who started yelling at me then spoke to me in "the holy ghost" language which sounded like it was this weird tribal thing haha I should have recorded it it was hilarious. I can't tell you how many times this week I have had this conversation "Are you amish?" " No...we have one wheel less and dont get to wear those cool bonnets. So not quite at their level." By they way? I invited a few amish to church this week. Hahah they aren't interested. Not giving up though.
Sunday was my birthday and it was really fun because the whole branch got together at the church and had a big party where we had little pieces of bread and water, sang some songs and listened to a few speakers give gospel themed talks. It was the bomb. It really was a great day though, some of our recent converts, Luz and Eladio, invited us over for dinner. They are from Cuba and are the most adorable people you will ever meet. Luz turns 79 tomorrow so we were able to celebrate together. Their family made a big meal and a birthday cake and Luz had even gone out and bought me a dress for my birthday! She said "Lo vi y pense en ti!" I saw it and thought of you! It really turned out to be one of the best birthdays because of the love this family showed me. I feel like my family here is so big. I have brothers from Honduras and sisters from El Salvador and parents from Argentina and cuban grandparents...And then there's me the white cali girl trying to speak spanish. And it's the best. I hope everyone has a great week! I love you!
Hermana Baugh

No comments:

Post a Comment