Monday, April 6, 2015

All Dogs Go to Heaven Too

Buenos Dias from Shareasoda, Florida. I don't think I'll ever get over how great that sounds. So I thought I would just share a few funny quotes/experiences that I had this week.

 We taught Mike the word of wisdom. In all seriousness.."Guys I have a real addiction problem..." *heart drops "..to Nutrigrain bars." *phew.  so we are helping mike overcome his Nutrigrain bar addiction haha... I think that might be a first.

The English elders found a family from Guatemala and "taught them the restoration and set baptismal dates with them" and were really excited when they told us about them. They handed them over to us and when we talked to the family they were so confused.  They thought the Elders were Jehovah Witness and all this stuff haha and they really understand like no English. The English elders learned their lesson and were like, we'll just give them to you in the first place from now on. Hopefully we can really teach them and set real baptismal dates with them now though!

 We taught our recent convert who is 9 years old and is hilarious. She is about to have a baby brother and when she was telling us about it she was like "I can't wait to have a baby brother...I love the way that new babies smell. They smell like hot glue guns." Kids are funny. We taught her about the sacrament, and she was like "wow okay so we are forgiven when we eat the bread. I have a lot of sins... I'm going to need a lot of bread." So this is what goes through the mind of every kid that takes a handful of sacrament bread instead of one. They are just trying to be super righteous.

Ok best part. So last night we planned a huge family home evening with Celfia, her girls, some of her girls friends and their neighbors. Background- Celfia pretty much lives in mini Mexico. I will have to take a picture some time. Everyone there is Hispanic and lives in colorful little box houses and chihuahuas run rampant through the streets. I hate chihuahuas... I always joke about just getting them with the car when we go through her street but then Hna Phillips convinces me not too. Everyone in her neighborhood knows us and we have pretty much taught everyone there at one point or another haha. Anyways, big family home evening. President Gazziro and his wife and then also the first counselor came too. We all sat in a circle and taught the plan of salvation. Then we went outside and made a big obstacle course and did that game where you put a blindfold on and have to follow the "Holy Ghost" and not listen to all the other voices so you can get back to heaven. Everyone loved it. Right when we finished the game we were outside eating brownies with all these little girls that had come and a car came around the corner and a little chihuahua was running in front of it. We were all like oh thats so cute when the dog suddenly slowed down and the car ran it over like five feet away from us! All the girls were just screaming and covering their eyes and running back into the house. Then one of the little girls said "it's okay the puppy will be resurrected too and go to live in heaven!" Ah man it was horrible and but a good object lesson at the same time. Hahah I'm so grateful for a Heavenly Father who loves us enough to give us a real life application to our plan of salvation lesson... just to make sure those principles really stick with us I guess. Wish I could tell you more but my time is up! Love you everyone!

Love Hermana Baugh

No comments:

Post a Comment